Carpeting Care & Maintenance
Regular care and maintenance is important to keep your floors looking and performing like new for longer. Frequent cleaning will increase the longevity of your floors by removing dirt and debris that can leave your carpet looking dull and can wear down your carpet fibers. When spills happen, it is important to act quickly to prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your carpet without consulting your manufacturer. Learn more about how to keep your carpet looking and performing great for many years.
Routine Carpet Care
Proper maintenance and cleaning can help extend your carpet's lifespan and keep it looking fresh. Here are some general guidelines to ensure your carpet remains pristine:
- Vacuum the carpet regularly to remove any loose dirt and debris.
- Blot any liquid spills with a clean cloth. Then apply your manufacturer-approved cleaning solution.
Test the cleaning solution on a small area of the carpet to ensure that it does not cause discoloration or damage.
- Use mats at entry ways to reduce the amount of dirt and debris tracked onto your carpet, which can leave your fibers looking dull.
- Invest in a professional cleaning once a year to restore your carpet's sheen.
- Remove shoes before entering the house to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto the carpet.
- Rotate your furniture regularly to prevent heavy wear and tear on specific areas of the carpet.
- Use furniture pads under to avoid indentations or crushing of the carpet fibers.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid snags or pulls on your carpet.