Area Rugs Care & Maintenance
Regular care and maintenance is important to keep your area rugs looking and performing like new for longer. Frequent cleaning will increase the longevity of your rugs by removing dirt and debris that can leave your rug looking dull and can wear down your fibers. When spills happen, it is important to act quickly to prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your rugs without consulting your manufacturer. Learn more about how to keep your rugs looking and performing great for many years.
Routine Area Rug Care
Proper maintenance and cleaning can help extend your rugs' lifespan and keep them looking fresh. Here are some general guidelines to ensure your rugs remain pristine:
- Vacuum the rug regularly to remove any loose dirt and debris.
- Blot any liquid spills with a clean cloth. Then apply your manufacturer-approved cleaning solution.
Test the cleaning solution on a small area of the rug to ensure that it does not cause discoloration or damage.
- Use mats at entry ways to reduce the amount of dirt and debris tracked onto your rugs, which can leave your fibers looking dull.
- Invest in a professional cleaning once a year to restore your rug's sheen.
- Remove shoes before entering the house to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto the rugs.
- Rotate your furniture regularly to prevent heavy wear and tear on specific areas of the rug.
- Use furniture pads under to avoid indentations or crushing of the rug fibers.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid snags or pulls on your rug.