Laminate Care & Maintenance
With the right care your new laminate floors will look and perform like new for many years. Routine cleaning will keep your laminate looking great by removing dirt and debris that can scratch or damage your floors. Unfortunately, spills are inevitable, but by acting quickly you can prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your laminate without consulting your manufacturer.
Laminate Flooring Care
Proper maintenance and cleaning can help extend your laminate floor's lifespan and keep it looking fresh. Here are some general guidelines to ensure your laminate remains pristine:
- Sweep your floors regularly to remove dirt and dust. How often you sweep depends on how much foot traffic your room receives.
- You can dry mop or damp mop your flooring. Make sure any product you use is manufacturer approved. Be careful not to let water pool or stand on your floors.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can cause damage to the wood.
- Place rugs or mats in high-traffic areas to protect reduce the amount of dirt tracked through your house and reduce the impact of wear and tear.
- Clean spills immediately to prevent staining.
- Use furniture pads on the bottom of your furniture to prevent scratches or dents.
- Protect your laminate floors from excessive sunlight, which can cause the floor to fade or change color over time. Use window treatments such as blinds or curtains to control the amount of sunlight that enters the room.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid scratches.